Monday, 10 September 2012

I have been ...


This meme was from November's Autumn and originated from Elinor, Elizabeth and Emma. 

I have been:

{writing}
Parts of my future novel which has been long delayed. It's a sort of alternate history with fantasy elements, to be set in Yorkshire in the early 19th century. Though it seems to be more character-driven, which isn't too good for the plot.  Also part of my Shirley fanfiction.
{reading}
Mansfield Park by Jane Austen (just finished). Today I read The Brontës by Juliet Barker and part of Matthew Lewis' The Monk. Should be starting on Sir Walter Scott's poetry and this little book on Cornish folklore.

{listening}
Rachmaninov's 2nd Piano Concerto.

{watching}
Watched Pride and Prejudice 1980 and episode 2 of Mansfield Park 1983. Also a delightful 50 shades parody.

Sylvestra Le Touzel as Fanny Price in MP 1983. It's the best version so far, and the actress is underrated.

{looking}
at old Cornish manor houses. I love Lanhydrock (it's a  sumptuous Victorian house) and the stately Georgian Pencarrow. Also went up to St Michael's Mount, a castle on an island.
Lanhydrock, Bodmin, Cornwall

{learning}
About the Brontes and their lives. (This is my main obsession). Also laboratory techniques.
{feeling}
Strange. I dreamt last night that I was engaged to be married to Lord Byron (!!!) which is weird, because I prefer Keats, and I'm pissed off with Byron for making a fool out of Keats.  What was strange was my betrothed didn't look like Byron in real life (on the other hand I don't remember seeing the face of my "betrothed".  In fact the details of the dream are so vague to me now I can't remember if it was that I thought my "betrothed" was Byronic. Which is sooo not my type.

But it probably had to do with the fanfic I wrote comparing Wordsworth and Byron.

{anticipating}
my 3rd and final year of university.  I'll be learning neuroscience as my first module, and terrified by the prospect.
{wishing}
I could go to Haworth, Yorkshire and all the other places that inspired the Brontës' novels. And also the Lake District.
{loving}
the scenery in Cornwall and the secondhand bookshop I found here, which sold 19th century editions for reduced prices. How I shall miss the place! The food at the university here where I'm working. Oh, and scones with clotted cream and strawberry jam.

1 comment:

  1. I lve this meme. You've been doing some lovely things. :)

    ReplyDelete